Skip to main content

REMARKABLE TESTIMONY OF SISTER DEBORAH SAMUEL (2)

God's blessings shall follow you, for taking the time to study.

TOPIC: REMARKABLE TESTIMONY OF SISTER DEBORAH SAMUEL (2)

TEXT: PSALM 103: 6-10 

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 4TH

Key verse: Psalm 149:2 Praise ye Him all His angels; praise ye Him, all His hosts.
After the accident, the vehicle was silent like a graveyard; I could not hear a single sound from anyone. I looked around me and saw that everything was scattered; many passengers had been thrown out with bags littered everywhere and the vehicle was upside-down. I continued to shout, “Jesus!” for a long time. People came to help survivors; I could see and hear them clearly but when they came to me and heard me shouting ‘Jesus’, they abandoned me because they were Muslims. I remembered that my husband was with me. I shouted, “Jesus! Where is my husband?” I heard my husband’s voice responding, “Mummy! I am here.” I turned and saw him lying on his back. As our eyes met, he slept off until we got to the hospital in Mafara. 
Meanwhile, onlookers refused to help me because I was calling on Jesus for help. They attended to the dead bodies and luggage. As they picked up my purse and handset, I told them in Hausa that those were mine so they gave them to me. With the handset, I called Sister Elizabeth Cheson. Meanwhile, fuel began to leak from the tank. They realized that the vehicle might explode and decided to turn the vehicle upright but moving it would make the vehicle fall on me. They began to push the vehicle but God helped me to move a few meters away before the vehicle landed where I was a few minutes ago. Even at that, I continued to shout the name of my Redeemer, “Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!” The Lord intervened and brought a few Christians to help me. My leg was broken and was dangling freely. It was only joined together by the flesh.
The road safety corps brought an ambulance and took us to the hospital. Only my husband and I survived the accident; all others died. I don’t know why Jesus loves me so much. I am forever grateful to God for His mercies and compassion. It was at the hospital that my husband revived yet it took time before he recovered himself. He then asked me to call our Daddy, Pastor Paul Rika, a deeper life pastor in Mafara and Sokoto brethren. The deeper life pastor came with a bone-setter before the brethren arrived. We were discharged that day and the brethren chartered a vehicle and took us back to Sokoto, along with the bone-setter.

Thought for the day: Underneath the believers are the everlasting arms of God

Song for the day: My life is now a testimony …

Bible reading for the day: Isaiah 29-30; Ephesians 6
#Horemow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For taking your time to study remain blessed. August Tuesday 27th TOPIC: CORRECT WATER BAPTISM TEXT: Mark 16:15-16 KEY VERSE: Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. The believer requires water baptism. The baptism that Jesus commanded is in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. It is done by immersion in water because the three Persons are One. In Acts of the Apostles, the people were baptizing in the name of Jesus. They used the phrase “in the name of Jesus” to indicate that the baptism was carried out as authorized by Jesus, and the baptism authorized by Jesus is that which is done in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. It is not to say that they dip people in water and say, “I baptize you in the name of Jesus.” The name of Jesus cannot represent the Godhead. The Father is not Jesus, the Holy Spirit is not Jesus, Jesus is God who be
For taking your time to study remain blessed. TOPIC: A SIMPLE PRAYER SCHEDULE (Part two)      DECEMBER Sunday 16th TEXT: 1 Timothy 2: 1-6 KEY VERSE: Peter therefore was kept in prisons but prayer was made without ceasing of the Church to God for him. Acts 12: 5 7. Pray for Your Relations. You want them to know Jesus. You want them to go to heaven. You want them to be protected. Pray that the Lord will bless them. 8. Pray for Your Education, Profession, Business and Work Place. Pray that God will be with you and help you always. Cast your cares upon Him. Ask Him to open the door of success and achievement. Ask Him to keep you righteous and holy every day. 9. Pray for Your Christian Leaders. Pray for your pastors for grace to do this work. Pray for the Church members. Pray for other Churches that they will live the holy life. 10.  Pray for Your Secular Leaders. Pray for the kings, the executive, legislative, judiciary and the whole nation for peace to reign. 11.  Pray for Other