Skip to main content
For taking your time to study remain blessed
TOPIC: THE HISTORY OF HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT (PART 4) Thursday November 7th
TEXT: Revelation 2: 1-7
KEY VERSE: Revelation 2:1 “Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;”
The GS continued, “Now I stop you from being an overseer, a preacher, a leader and a worker in Deeper Life. You are on discipline and whether you would ever come back depends on what you have done on this book. Your salary is henceforth stopped.” I left his office confused as to what the next thing was. I was very sorrowful and fearful of leaving Deeper Life Bible Church, but the Lord said to me, “Eternal life is not Kumuyi or Deeper Life but Myself. Before Kumuyi was or Deeper Life was founded, people go to heaven. The issue is being where I want you to be and doing My will, that is eternal life.” This greatly comforted me. My sick wife later died April that year, 2009 and by the instruction of the General Superintendent (GS), the overseers of the north eastern states of Nigeria should take charge of the burial which took place in my village in Taraba State. I returned to the GS to show appreciation for the kindness I received for the burial of my wife and reported that it was done successful. After this, I returned to the church accommodation in Ibadan. I met with the overseer in charge and asked him to help me tell the GS that since I have not received any instruction from him, I have returned back to Ibadan to remain in the church premises. He later told me that the GS said, ”Tell Pastor Rika to go round and gather the books from everywhere as I told him. Not to do so shows he is not under my authority”.
When I heard this it did not trouble me but later I began to reason within me “Is it not risky to my eternal soul to be in contention with an anointed man of God in the person of WF Kumuyi?” I decided therefore to stop the publishing of the book. I drafted a letter which was to be sent to the publisher instructing him to stop the publishing of the book.  It was my plan that after I had sent the letter to the publisher, I would go with a copy to show the GS the action I had taken concerning the book. But after drafting the letter I sat down to read the Scripture. The Lord warned me never to withdraw from publishing the book. He said, “Pastor Kumuyi or Deeper Life Bible Church can never prove through the Scriptures that this revelation message is not from Me. Remain quiet and wait for the next action.” I knew the voice of the Lord and submitted to it. The Lord spoke many times and in many different ways to strengthen me in this matter.
Thought for the day: The issue is being where I want you to be and doing My will, that is eternal life.
Song for the day: Eternal, eternal life; Eternal, eternal life; I want to live eternal life....
Bible reading for the day: Jeremiah 46-48; Hebrews 4
#Horemow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For taking your time to study remain blessed. August Tuesday 27th TOPIC: CORRECT WATER BAPTISM TEXT: Mark 16:15-16 KEY VERSE: Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. The believer requires water baptism. The baptism that Jesus commanded is in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. It is done by immersion in water because the three Persons are One. In Acts of the Apostles, the people were baptizing in the name of Jesus. They used the phrase “in the name of Jesus” to indicate that the baptism was carried out as authorized by Jesus, and the baptism authorized by Jesus is that which is done in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. It is not to say that they dip people in water and say, “I baptize you in the name of Jesus.” The name of Jesus cannot represent the Godhead. The Father is not Jesus, the Holy Spirit is not Jesus, Jesus is God who be
For taking your time to study remain blessed. TOPIC: A SIMPLE PRAYER SCHEDULE (Part two)      DECEMBER Sunday 16th TEXT: 1 Timothy 2: 1-6 KEY VERSE: Peter therefore was kept in prisons but prayer was made without ceasing of the Church to God for him. Acts 12: 5 7. Pray for Your Relations. You want them to know Jesus. You want them to go to heaven. You want them to be protected. Pray that the Lord will bless them. 8. Pray for Your Education, Profession, Business and Work Place. Pray that God will be with you and help you always. Cast your cares upon Him. Ask Him to open the door of success and achievement. Ask Him to keep you righteous and holy every day. 9. Pray for Your Christian Leaders. Pray for your pastors for grace to do this work. Pray for the Church members. Pray for other Churches that they will live the holy life. 10.  Pray for Your Secular Leaders. Pray for the kings, the executive, legislative, judiciary and the whole nation for peace to reign. 11.  Pray for Other