Skip to main content

Ye Are My Friends If Ye Do Whatsoever I Command You

Gods blessings shall follow you continually, for taking the time to study.

Ye Are My Friends If Ye Do Whatsoever I Command You

Text: Jeremiah 2:  I – 9      
Thursday February 1st

Key verse: John 15: 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 
Jesus said I call you not servants but I call you friends. A servant does not know all the master doeth but a man is ready to open the whole of his heart to a friend. It means some are in the level of servants; you may not be trusted with weighty things. You may not be trusted with the words of the Lord in confidentiality. I call you not friends but I call you servants because a servant knoweth not all his master doeth. But he came to some people and said, “I call you friends.” I have proved you. Can you see the levels of relationship! All the while, they were not friends but servants. It took time to become friends after He had checked on them; He tested them, weighed them and saw their stability. He now called them friends. So, man has disappointed the Lord so much. 
Israel was holiness to the Lord. The Lord told them if you will remain with Me and obey My word, you will be unto Me a kingdom of priest and a holy nation. The people agreed to obey God and keep His word but did not continue. Now it has become a thing of the past. God is lamenting about the nature of man. “I remember the days of your youth and the period of your espousal when I espoused to you and you were also espoused to Me. When you went after Me in the wilderness, in the land that was not sown. You were submissive to Me.” Israel was holiness unto the Lord and the Lord released Himself to protect Israel but Israel did not continue. Israel have turned away from holiness. The Lord is asking, “Am I responsible for the change in your life? Is the fault with Me for the change in your attitude towards Me? What iniquity have I done?”  Now check on that person. You have watched me over that person’s life. What iniquity do you see in me that that person is turning away? He is accusing seriously and abusing; promising to have nothing to do with me. He has turned away. You have been with me. What iniquity have you really seen in me? It is the nature of man. Stability is the problem of man. Jesus knows what is in man. 

Thought for the day: Man has disappointed the Lord so much. 

Song for the day: What a Friend we have in Jesus

Bible reading for the day: Leviticus 14-15 
#Horemow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For taking your time to study remain blessed. August Tuesday 27th TOPIC: CORRECT WATER BAPTISM TEXT: Mark 16:15-16 KEY VERSE: Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. The believer requires water baptism. The baptism that Jesus commanded is in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. It is done by immersion in water because the three Persons are One. In Acts of the Apostles, the people were baptizing in the name of Jesus. They used the phrase “in the name of Jesus” to indicate that the baptism was carried out as authorized by Jesus, and the baptism authorized by Jesus is that which is done in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. It is not to say that they dip people in water and say, “I baptize you in the name of Jesus.” The name of Jesus cannot represent the Godhead. The Father is not Jesus, the Holy Spirit is not Jesus, Jesus is God who be
For taking your time to study remain blessed. TOPIC: A SIMPLE PRAYER SCHEDULE (Part two)      DECEMBER Sunday 16th TEXT: 1 Timothy 2: 1-6 KEY VERSE: Peter therefore was kept in prisons but prayer was made without ceasing of the Church to God for him. Acts 12: 5 7. Pray for Your Relations. You want them to know Jesus. You want them to go to heaven. You want them to be protected. Pray that the Lord will bless them. 8. Pray for Your Education, Profession, Business and Work Place. Pray that God will be with you and help you always. Cast your cares upon Him. Ask Him to open the door of success and achievement. Ask Him to keep you righteous and holy every day. 9. Pray for Your Christian Leaders. Pray for your pastors for grace to do this work. Pray for the Church members. Pray for other Churches that they will live the holy life. 10.  Pray for Your Secular Leaders. Pray for the kings, the executive, legislative, judiciary and the whole nation for peace to reign. 11.  Pray for Other