Skip to main content

FORGIVEN AND FREED BY THE SON OF GOD

God bless you for taking your time to study.

TOPIC: FORGIVEN AND FREED BY THE SON OF GOD

TEXT: JOHN 8: 7-11 

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 3rd

KEY VERSE: John 8:36 If the Son, therefore, shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed
Continuation of Brother Overcomer’s testimonies: The shop owner called his friend and when the friend heard my confession he advised him to take me to the police station. When we got there, they referred us to the Anti-robbery squad. A strange voice said, “See what you have done to yourself. These people will hang you.” I replied, 'They should hang me on earth and I escape hell fire.' They shouted at me to come forward. I carried my Bible and walked toward them. A calm voice spoke within me, “Fear not.” One policeman was interrogating me, another was writing, and another was videoing me with his phone while their leader observed me. After some time, their leader asked them to hold on and he ordered me to narrate my story afresh.
I said, "Sir, some time ago as a sinner I moved with bad boys and did evil things. I joined them in breaking into this man's shop. We stole many things and sold them and shared the money which I used to smoke, drink and womanize. Now I have come to confess my sin because God has shown me mercy and forgiven me but says I must confess my past life, if not I will go to hell fire when I die.” All the policemen became silent. The friend of the shop owner tried to counter my words but the officer asked them, "Do you know this young man before? Did you see him breaking into your shop? If he had not come on his own to meet you would you have known about this?" They answered, "No." 
The officer became angry with them and said, "I am not sure you are okay. Somebody came and confessed an evil he did long ago to you. Instead of you forgiving him and allowing him to continue with the preaching of the gospel, you brought him to the police. Are you okay? Does this look like a police matter to you? Young man, you are free. Carry your bible and continue preaching the gospel.” I felt a cool sensation as a sweet voice told me, “You see, I told you not to fear.” I walked out of the police station and began to praise and worship God.

Thought for the day: Carry your bible, go and continue preaching the gospel 

Song for the day: I never knew that You will honor me this way…

Bible reading for the day:
Proverbs 3,4 1 Corinthians 13
#Horemow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For taking your time to study remain blessed. August Tuesday 27th TOPIC: CORRECT WATER BAPTISM TEXT: Mark 16:15-16 KEY VERSE: Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. The believer requires water baptism. The baptism that Jesus commanded is in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. It is done by immersion in water because the three Persons are One. In Acts of the Apostles, the people were baptizing in the name of Jesus. They used the phrase “in the name of Jesus” to indicate that the baptism was carried out as authorized by Jesus, and the baptism authorized by Jesus is that which is done in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. It is not to say that they dip people in water and say, “I baptize you in the name of Jesus.” The name of Jesus cannot represent the Godhead. The Father is not Jesus, the Holy Spirit is not Jesus, Jesus is God who be
For taking your time to study remain blessed. TOPIC: A SIMPLE PRAYER SCHEDULE (Part two)      DECEMBER Sunday 16th TEXT: 1 Timothy 2: 1-6 KEY VERSE: Peter therefore was kept in prisons but prayer was made without ceasing of the Church to God for him. Acts 12: 5 7. Pray for Your Relations. You want them to know Jesus. You want them to go to heaven. You want them to be protected. Pray that the Lord will bless them. 8. Pray for Your Education, Profession, Business and Work Place. Pray that God will be with you and help you always. Cast your cares upon Him. Ask Him to open the door of success and achievement. Ask Him to keep you righteous and holy every day. 9. Pray for Your Christian Leaders. Pray for your pastors for grace to do this work. Pray for the Church members. Pray for other Churches that they will live the holy life. 10.  Pray for Your Secular Leaders. Pray for the kings, the executive, legislative, judiciary and the whole nation for peace to reign. 11.  Pray for Other