Skip to main content
HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE - Daily Devotional

EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING

BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA
(Int'l Director)

FRIDAYJUNE 22, 2018

TOPIC: SERVING GOD IN HOLINESS AS A POLITICIAN

TEXT: Matthew 5:13-16

Key verse: 1 Peter 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak
evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good
conversation in Christ.

One day, Professor Mallum engaged me in a discussion at Alone With God, near Kwali, Abuja, Nigeria. He said, “Young man, come, so you are from Taraba?” I said “Yes sir, I am from Taraba State.” He started asking me things about the Senate, about former Governor Dariye and we got  talking about politics of Plateau State and how he lost the governorship ticket. So, when this testimony was going on about looking for how you can succeed, I had no doubt in my mind that he had those struggles because sometimes they put it in your mind that when you follow these instructions you are going to succeed in what you are doing. But I had a very different experience that's why I was not surprised when they said in the revelation that they called me by the name “Lucky” because I don't even know how I found myself in HOREMOW.

I sit alone sometimes; I sit alone because if I start to recount my story as a sinner and share my testimony, we will stay here till twelve midnight as time will not be enough. To me, it is the mercy of God. That's why anytime they sing the song, Amazing Grace that saved a wretch like me, I will be in tears. I look at myself as being so unworthy. I never imagined that I will be giving testimony about salvation of souls but that is the story today. I believe from the bottom of my heart that Jesus set up Holiness Revival Ministry to bring righteousness to churches across the world. I believe it to be so because outside here you can't find a Christianity that will touch you so deeply.

We were invited by the Vice president to go to the Presidential Villa for fellowship and when I heard a very prominent Nigerian, a senior minister, mention that holiness is of Jesus Christ and not of man, I wept. The bible says in Hebrews 12:14 that without holiness no eye shall see the Lord. Is he saying that the bible is wrong? So for me, it is the mercy of God and truly I know that what one should continually seek to do is self-sanctification all the time; self-purification all the time. This has been my major preoccupation. Anywhere I find myself, I keep asking “Is this the right thing I'm doing?” Sometimes, I call the International Director at midnight on an issue that bugs my mind and I seek for clarification. I am so humbled by this revelation message and I pray to God to grant me the grace to strengthen and increase my speed that I may not be found wanting when the trumpet sounds.

Thought for the day: Be the shining light in the midst of a dark world.

Song for the day: I will never go back to the world anymore

Bible reading for the day: Esther 4-6; Acts 5:17-42
#Horemow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For taking your time to study remain blessed. August Tuesday 27th TOPIC: CORRECT WATER BAPTISM TEXT: Mark 16:15-16 KEY VERSE: Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. The believer requires water baptism. The baptism that Jesus commanded is in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. It is done by immersion in water because the three Persons are One. In Acts of the Apostles, the people were baptizing in the name of Jesus. They used the phrase “in the name of Jesus” to indicate that the baptism was carried out as authorized by Jesus, and the baptism authorized by Jesus is that which is done in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. It is not to say that they dip people in water and say, “I baptize you in the name of Jesus.” The name of Jesus cannot represent the Godhead. The Father is not Jesus, the Holy Spirit is not Jesus, Jesus is God who be
For taking your time to study remain blessed. TOPIC: A SIMPLE PRAYER SCHEDULE (Part two)      DECEMBER Sunday 16th TEXT: 1 Timothy 2: 1-6 KEY VERSE: Peter therefore was kept in prisons but prayer was made without ceasing of the Church to God for him. Acts 12: 5 7. Pray for Your Relations. You want them to know Jesus. You want them to go to heaven. You want them to be protected. Pray that the Lord will bless them. 8. Pray for Your Education, Profession, Business and Work Place. Pray that God will be with you and help you always. Cast your cares upon Him. Ask Him to open the door of success and achievement. Ask Him to keep you righteous and holy every day. 9. Pray for Your Christian Leaders. Pray for your pastors for grace to do this work. Pray for the Church members. Pray for other Churches that they will live the holy life. 10.  Pray for Your Secular Leaders. Pray for the kings, the executive, legislative, judiciary and the whole nation for peace to reign. 11.  Pray for Other