Skip to main content

TOPIC: DECEPTION OF THE HEART

God's blessings shall be following you continually for taking the time to study.

DATE: SATURDAY AUGUST 24,  2024

TOPIC: DECEPTION OF THE HEART

TEXT: JEREMIAH 17:9-10

KEY VERSE: JEREMIAH 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked: who can know it? 

From the text, the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. Who can know it? You have a heart but your heart can deceive you. Your heart can tell you all is well, when actually all is not well. Your heart can be excusing you, saying I am not involved. 

Before I came here, I already examined myself, I already settled myself, so nothing is happening to me. I am not part of what they are saying. It is a deceit. That is what the heart can do. As a result, instead of paying attention and speaking like the psalmist, ‘Examine me O Lord and know my ways and see if there is any wicked thing in me.’ 

You will now say, ‘God you know I have settled with you so I don't have any problem.’ Instead of saying, “That which I know not, teach thou me: if I have done iniquity, I will do it no more.” No, your heart deceives you and says, ‘Which iniquity?’ Deception of the heart. 

Many go to hell and wonder why they are there because their hearts deceived them. Do you think that people in these churches where the sound truth of God is not taught, know that they are sinners? Do you think that their pastors themselves know that they are not on the right way? 

Many of them, even with sin in their lives, their hearts have been put in a condition that says they are fit for heaven. That is why when you talk about knowing Jesus, they respond, “Which Jesus? I know Him, I love Him. He died for me, yes, I am a Christian.” But as you look at the person saying that he is a Christian, he is not near the kingdom of God but the heart has deceived him. 

Do not serve God with a deceived heart. Instead of allowing God to search you, accepting your sins and the revelations of God about you, you will say, “No. I am not the one” and the time of your cleansing passes away.

Thought for the day: The heart of man is deceitful above all things

Song for the day:  Lord I want to be like Jesus in my heart 

Bible reading for the day: Ezekiel 1-4
#Horemow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For taking your time to study remain blessed. UNDERSTANDING ETERNITY WEDNESDAY MAY 10 TEXT: Psalm 90: 1 - 2 Key Verse: “The Lord is King forever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land Psalm 10:16 People that understand eternity are always careful. Eternity means forever and ever, it means ever-lasting, ever-living, never dying. Trillion upon trillion years, eternity is still on, in fact it is life without end. There are two extreme ends of eternity: The kingdom of God called third heaven where God the Father, God the son, God the Holy Ghost, twenty-four elders, saints of God that make heaven, holy angels of God, and entire host of heaven dwell now presently; Hell-fire, where Satan, demons, and sinners that have died in their sins are presently kept. God is the One that introduced eternity. He lives forever. It is not a choice, the One who created us is forever, hence you will live forever, but what matters is where you will live eternally. Remove God from the way, then t...

TOPIC: HOW TO PRAY

HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE HOREMOW DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR. DATE: WEDNESDAY JULY 15, 2026. TOPIC: HOW TO PRAY  TEXT: JOHN 14:12-14 12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto My Father.  13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14. If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it. KEY VERSE: JOHN 14:14 “If ye shall ask anything in My name, I will do it” “Ask in My name” means ask in My place, for My sake, for My glory, as My representative. Whatsoever you shall ask in My name, it shall be given unto you. Whatever resources you need for the work of God, ask and I will supply the materials and resources you need to do the work; to live the Christian life; to make you evangelize and be fruitful in life.  Ask for what you need to make you a better Christ...

TOPIC: HOW TO BE SANCTIFIED (PART 2)

HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE HOREMOW DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR. DATE: FRIDAY JULY 17, 2026. TOPIC: HOW TO BE SANCTIFIED (PART 2) TEXT: HEBREWS 11:1-6 1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2. For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. 4. By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. 5. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligent...