Skip to main content
For taking your time to study remain blessed

TOPIC:  THE ETERNAL DOOM OF A CARELESS PREACHER.   THURSDAY AUGUST 31  
TEXT:  1 JOHN 2:15-17
KEY VERSE: “Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.” (Revelation 16:15).

Still at the gate of heaven, Michael Thomas Sambo narrated the pathetic story of a careless preacher. He said:

Right there at the gate with Jesus a preacher died that Saturday, 26th April, 2003, between 1.00-4:00 pm and was coming towards the gate. Afar off when I saw him he was dressed in white. This is the garment of Truth, Righteousness, and Holiness which Christ gives believers. From the place I was standing, I could not see any spot on him. He was coming toward the gate of heaven with excitement. He wanted to walk in through the gate. But the angels shouted at him and commanded him to stop. He was asked, “Where are you going to?” “I want to enter into heaven,” he replied.
        
At this time, Jesus fastened his eyes on him and said:

“When I saved you from your sins, I gave you a garment of Righteousness and Holiness of life. I warned you against defiling this garment. Your garment is now spotted with the world. This is not the garment I gave you when I saved you”
     
“The Father is Holy, I am holy, the Spirit is holy; the angels are holy, the saints in heaven are holy, all living creatures in heaven are holy. Above all, heaven has been dedicated unto holy living. Nothing that is defiled, or that worketh abomination or that telleth or loveth a lie shall in any wise enter into it. Therefore man, you cannot enter into heaven.”
   
From today's account we see that it is wise to fear God. Don't claim to be too familiar with GOD, His ways or His word. You must daily examine yourself whether you are still in the faith.

Thought for the day:  Don’t take your salvation for granted. Self-examine your life.
Song for the day: I want to live eternal life, Lord save my soul.
Bible reading for the day: Psalm 145-147; 1 Corinthians 11:1-15
 #horemow



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For taking your time to study remain blessed. UNDERSTANDING ETERNITY WEDNESDAY MAY 10 TEXT: Psalm 90: 1 - 2 Key Verse: “The Lord is King forever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land Psalm 10:16 People that understand eternity are always careful. Eternity means forever and ever, it means ever-lasting, ever-living, never dying. Trillion upon trillion years, eternity is still on, in fact it is life without end. There are two extreme ends of eternity: The kingdom of God called third heaven where God the Father, God the son, God the Holy Ghost, twenty-four elders, saints of God that make heaven, holy angels of God, and entire host of heaven dwell now presently; Hell-fire, where Satan, demons, and sinners that have died in their sins are presently kept. God is the One that introduced eternity. He lives forever. It is not a choice, the One who created us is forever, hence you will live forever, but what matters is where you will live eternally. Remove God from the way, then t...

TOPIC: HOW TO PRAY

HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE HOREMOW DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR. DATE: WEDNESDAY JULY 15, 2026. TOPIC: HOW TO PRAY  TEXT: JOHN 14:12-14 12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto My Father.  13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14. If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it. KEY VERSE: JOHN 14:14 “If ye shall ask anything in My name, I will do it” “Ask in My name” means ask in My place, for My sake, for My glory, as My representative. Whatsoever you shall ask in My name, it shall be given unto you. Whatever resources you need for the work of God, ask and I will supply the materials and resources you need to do the work; to live the Christian life; to make you evangelize and be fruitful in life.  Ask for what you need to make you a better Christ...

TOPIC: HOW TO BE SANCTIFIED (PART 2)

HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE HOREMOW DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR. DATE: FRIDAY JULY 17, 2026. TOPIC: HOW TO BE SANCTIFIED (PART 2) TEXT: HEBREWS 11:1-6 1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2. For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. 4. By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. 5. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligent...