Skip to main content

TOPIC: TIMOTHY'S LIFE AND MINISTRY: THE PRODUCT OF PARENTAL RIGHTEOUSNESS

HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE HOREMOW

DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR.

DATE: THURSDAY, JULY 23, 2026.

TOPIC: TIMOTHY'S LIFE AND MINISTRY: THE PRODUCT OF PARENTAL RIGHTEOUSNESS 

TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 1:3-5
3. I thank God whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing, I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day; 
4. Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy; 
5. When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also 

KEY VERSE: TIMOTHY 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 

Paul noted the contributions of Timothy's parents to his godly character as he grew up under them.  From the text, we can see righteousness running through the family. Lois, his grandmother was a believer, and Eunice, his mother, was also a believer.

Eunice gave much attention to training Timothy in the way of the Lord such that Paul testified that the faith of Timothy was an unfeigned faith. It was an unpretentious faith. He was not just claiming Christianity; Timothy was genuinely born again and was a true and sound believer whose heart had been sanctified by God.

Paul lived with Timothy for many years and saw that this boy was truly righteous. This is how God wants you to be. You must not be a hypocrite. He had nothing to do with immorality, fighting, lying, cheating, or any kind of evil. 

Practice Christianity sincerely without pretence. Timothy’s life showed the evidence of good parental training. Scriptures testify that he was a disciple, which means that apart from the training received from his parent, Timothy was committed to Jesus personally. He embarked on personal spiritual development through the reading of the word of God.

Parents have a lot to do in the life and ministry of their children, as was the case with Timothy. You might say my husband is not born again, and he is the head of the family, but Lois and Eunice took the responsibility to raise up godly Timothy. else there’s no future for the message of holiness we uphold today. 

Brethren, what are we doing concerning our children spiritual development?. Please assess yourself in the light of the gospel. Are you not failing already? Why watch your children go towards the path of Satan and you do nothing about it?. Do you want to end like Eli?. This is a clear call from the Lord to awake from slumber.

Thought for the day: Parents must play a positive role in raising up godly children.

Song for the day: Stand up, stand up for Jesus...

Bible reading for the day: Isaiah 32-35

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For taking your time to study remain blessed. UNDERSTANDING ETERNITY WEDNESDAY MAY 10 TEXT: Psalm 90: 1 - 2 Key Verse: “The Lord is King forever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land Psalm 10:16 People that understand eternity are always careful. Eternity means forever and ever, it means ever-lasting, ever-living, never dying. Trillion upon trillion years, eternity is still on, in fact it is life without end. There are two extreme ends of eternity: The kingdom of God called third heaven where God the Father, God the son, God the Holy Ghost, twenty-four elders, saints of God that make heaven, holy angels of God, and entire host of heaven dwell now presently; Hell-fire, where Satan, demons, and sinners that have died in their sins are presently kept. God is the One that introduced eternity. He lives forever. It is not a choice, the One who created us is forever, hence you will live forever, but what matters is where you will live eternally. Remove God from the way, then t...

TOPIC: HOW TO PRAY

HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE HOREMOW DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR. DATE: WEDNESDAY JULY 15, 2026. TOPIC: HOW TO PRAY  TEXT: JOHN 14:12-14 12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto My Father.  13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14. If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it. KEY VERSE: JOHN 14:14 “If ye shall ask anything in My name, I will do it” “Ask in My name” means ask in My place, for My sake, for My glory, as My representative. Whatsoever you shall ask in My name, it shall be given unto you. Whatever resources you need for the work of God, ask and I will supply the materials and resources you need to do the work; to live the Christian life; to make you evangelize and be fruitful in life.  Ask for what you need to make you a better Christ...

Pastor Paul Rika’s Burden, Vision and Action To Reach the Unreached (2)

God's blessings will continually accompany you for dedicating time to your studies. Pastor Paul Rika’s Burden, Vision and Action To Reach the Unreached (2) Wednesday 15th October TEXT: Titus 3: 3-6   Key verse: Titus 3: 6 “Which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior.” I remember I was in Sao Tome and Principe as a deeper life national overseer and I was writing the book, “Divine Revelation of God’s Holiness and Judgment.” The vision the Lord gave to Michael Sambo. I was translating it into a book, with the scriptural backups to make it a sound evangelistic book. I saw that truly the world is doomed. What will I say about those who have not known Jesus among the 7 billion people on earth; those who do not even have anything to do with Him? Do I speak of the billions in Asia without understanding of Jesus? Out of the 1.4 billion in India, they are struggling to record 150 million Christians including Catholics.  Who knows Jesus then? Even among Pentecosta...