HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE HOREMOW
DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR.
DATE: TUESDAY JULY 21, 2026.
TOPIC: RULES FOR DISCIPLINE IN CHRISTIAN MINISTRY
TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 2:5-7
5. And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
6. The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
7. Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
KEY VERSE: EPHESIANS 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation where with ye are called,
The Bible says if a man strives for masteries, yet is he not crowned except he strive lawfully. There are rules to follow if you want perfection, if you want to succeed, if you want spirituality, if you want spiritual growth, if you want anointing, if you want to obtain favour before God. These rules require discipline, so learn it.
Except you fulfil the rules of heaven, how will you make it? That is why discipline is required. Endure hardness; avoid the things that are not necessary for your progress, that do not contribute to your wellbeing spiritually. As a minister, you must live the life to show that you are a preacher.
When I was an accountant in the government, I was going somewhere with my director general. It was the season of fresh groundnuts. I bought groundnuts and offered some to him. He said, “No, a big man like me will not take groundnut in the filling station. I remember some- time ago when I was travelling with the secretary to the State government and saw the way he disciplined himself.
I took note of it from that day I cultivated a disciplinary life to protect the dignity of my office and personality.” Walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called. Are you called a minister? Prove it. Do not behave like the general people. Discipline your life as a soldier for Christ to show that you are not in the same category. You are there to be their leader. They are to take example from you, so do not behave like them.
Woman, are you a mother of matured children? Do not behave like the children. Show that there is a difference: Do not make them disrespect you by foolish behaviour and indecent appearance before them. This is Discipline. Even when something pains you, control yourself not to cry, murmur or complain as children do. You will not do so because you are their mother, you are not like them.
Thought for the day: Walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called.
Song for the day: I will go with Jesus anywhere, no matter the roughness
Bible reading for the day: Isaiah 25-28
Comments
Post a Comment