Skip to main content

TOPIC: RULES FOR DISCIPLINE IN CHRISTIAN MINISTRY

HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE HOREMOW

DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR.

DATE: TUESDAY JULY 21, 2026.

TOPIC: RULES FOR DISCIPLINE  IN CHRISTIAN MINISTRY 

TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 2:5-7
5. And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
6. The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
7. Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. 

KEY VERSE: EPHESIANS 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation where with ye are called,

The Bible says if a man strives for masteries, yet is he not crowned except he strive lawfully. There are rules to follow if you want perfection, if you want to succeed, if you want spirituality, if you want spiritual growth, if you want anointing, if you want to obtain favour before God. These rules require discipline, so learn it. 

Except you fulfil the rules of heaven, how will you make it? That is why discipline is required. Endure hardness; avoid the things that are not necessary for your progress, that do not contribute to your wellbeing spiritually. As a minister, you must live the life to show that you are a preacher. 

When I was an accountant in the government, I was going somewhere with my director general. It was the season of fresh groundnuts. I bought groundnuts and offered some to him. He said, “No, a big man like me will not take groundnut in the filling station. I remember some- time ago when I was travelling with the secretary to the State government and saw the way he disciplined himself. 

I took note of it from that day I cultivated a disciplinary life to protect the dignity of my office and personality.” Walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called. Are you called a minister? Prove it. Do not behave like the general people. Discipline your life as a soldier for Christ to show that you are not in the same category. You are there to be their leader. They are to take example from you, so do not behave like them. 

Woman, are you a mother of matured children? Do not behave like the children. Show that there is a difference: Do not make them disrespect you by foolish behaviour and indecent appearance before them. This is Discipline. Even when something pains you, control yourself not to cry, murmur or complain as children do. You will not do so because you are their mother, you are not like them. 

Thought for the day: Walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called.

Song for the day: I will go with Jesus anywhere, no matter the roughness

Bible reading for the day: Isaiah 25-28

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For taking your time to study remain blessed. UNDERSTANDING ETERNITY WEDNESDAY MAY 10 TEXT: Psalm 90: 1 - 2 Key Verse: “The Lord is King forever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land Psalm 10:16 People that understand eternity are always careful. Eternity means forever and ever, it means ever-lasting, ever-living, never dying. Trillion upon trillion years, eternity is still on, in fact it is life without end. There are two extreme ends of eternity: The kingdom of God called third heaven where God the Father, God the son, God the Holy Ghost, twenty-four elders, saints of God that make heaven, holy angels of God, and entire host of heaven dwell now presently; Hell-fire, where Satan, demons, and sinners that have died in their sins are presently kept. God is the One that introduced eternity. He lives forever. It is not a choice, the One who created us is forever, hence you will live forever, but what matters is where you will live eternally. Remove God from the way, then t...

TOPIC: HOW TO PRAY

HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE HOREMOW DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR. DATE: WEDNESDAY JULY 15, 2026. TOPIC: HOW TO PRAY  TEXT: JOHN 14:12-14 12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto My Father.  13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14. If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it. KEY VERSE: JOHN 14:14 “If ye shall ask anything in My name, I will do it” “Ask in My name” means ask in My place, for My sake, for My glory, as My representative. Whatsoever you shall ask in My name, it shall be given unto you. Whatever resources you need for the work of God, ask and I will supply the materials and resources you need to do the work; to live the Christian life; to make you evangelize and be fruitful in life.  Ask for what you need to make you a better Christ...

Pastor Paul Rika’s Burden, Vision and Action To Reach the Unreached (2)

God's blessings will continually accompany you for dedicating time to your studies. Pastor Paul Rika’s Burden, Vision and Action To Reach the Unreached (2) Wednesday 15th October TEXT: Titus 3: 3-6   Key verse: Titus 3: 6 “Which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior.” I remember I was in Sao Tome and Principe as a deeper life national overseer and I was writing the book, “Divine Revelation of God’s Holiness and Judgment.” The vision the Lord gave to Michael Sambo. I was translating it into a book, with the scriptural backups to make it a sound evangelistic book. I saw that truly the world is doomed. What will I say about those who have not known Jesus among the 7 billion people on earth; those who do not even have anything to do with Him? Do I speak of the billions in Asia without understanding of Jesus? Out of the 1.4 billion in India, they are struggling to record 150 million Christians including Catholics.  Who knows Jesus then? Even among Pentecosta...