HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE HOREMOW
DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR.
DATE: SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2026.
TOPIC: COMMITMENT TO CHRIST.
TEXT: ACTS 20:19-25
19. Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:
20. And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,
21. Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
22. And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:
23. Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.
24. But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
25. And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.
KEY VERSE: GALATIANS 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Commitment to Christ means dedicating your life to following Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. It involves total surrender of your life to Him, prioritising relationship with Jesus above all else, surrendering personal desires, ambitions, and possessions to align with God's will, saying. ‘Thy will be done, O Lord’.
Total obedience and love to Jesus Christ, and complete obedience to His word. even in adversity demonstrating the scripture that says, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?” Trusting God's promises, persevering through life's challenges and trials, showcasing commitment to Christ in time of adversity.
In apostle Paul words "ln labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in death often, of the Jews five times received l forty stripes save one, Thrice, was l beaten with rods, once was l stoned, thrice l suffered shipwreck, a night and a day l have been in deep. 2 Corinthians 11:23-25.
Enduring hardship, trials, and persecution trusting God's plan and promises and reflecting Christ's love and truth in action. "And how l kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house, testifying both to the Jews and to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ" Acts 20 :20-21.
Commitment to Christ entails self-denial. It is important to obey Christ commandments as an expression of love for Him. Offer your body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God. Commitment enables spiritual growth, maturity and a deeper relationship with God, knowing that your mission and vision is to do the will of Christ at every moment. "My meat is to do the will of Him that sent me, and to finish His work"
Thought for the day. Commitment is total obedience to Christ.
Song for the day. Heavenly race, l no go tire
Bible reading for the day: Amos 5-9
Comments
Post a Comment