Skip to main content

DON'T GIVE UP ON PRAYER

For taking your time to study remain blessed.

MONDAY 30 AUGUST 
DON'T GIVE UP ON PRAYER
TEXT:  Luke 11:5-10
Key verse: Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and 
heard my cry. 

Any time you make a request is a good time before God and He is assuring you it is not in vain. He will answer if you can maintain the spirit of prayer.  In today's devotional text, God is saying a man in need went to his neighbour for help. This man was not just his neighbour but a friend. He knocked at his door at midnight and said: I have a problem. I have a visitor and I do not have food to give to the visitor. Can you give me some food so that I can give the visitor? Jesus asked: Can this friend say, 'Do not trouble me, it is night already and my children are in bed'?' I want to give you two reasons why the man would not refuse him: (i) Because he was his friend and he would not want to disappoint his friend. (ii) Because of his persistence in asking (importunity). It was because he was his friend that he came to ask him for help. He kept on asking confidently because he was dealing with a friend. So, for these two reasons that man would have his request granted. Importunity means continually doing the same thing; asking and asking and never giving up.

Jesus Christ, therefore, said in verse 9, “And I say unto you, Ask and it shall be given unto you.” If you ask one time and it does not work, keep on asking. He is your Father, go along with Him and keep on asking. John 16:23, 24  And in that day ye shall ask Me nothing. Verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My Name, He will give it to you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My Name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.  Apart from asking, you are also invited to seek help or provision from God; seek for a way out or for a solution to your problem: Seek, and ye shall find. Keep on seeking from Him and you shall find. Again Jesus is encouraging us to persevere before God however hard and hopeless the situation appears to be: Knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Keep on knocking at your Father's door. The door shall be opened unto you in due time.

Thought for the day: It is faithlessness to give up on God. 
Song for the day: I know He loves me better, whatsoever maybe, I will follow Him
Bible reading for the day: Psalm 142-144; 1 Corinthians 10:14-33
#Horemow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For taking your time to study remain blessed. UNDERSTANDING ETERNITY WEDNESDAY MAY 10 TEXT: Psalm 90: 1 - 2 Key Verse: “The Lord is King forever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land Psalm 10:16 People that understand eternity are always careful. Eternity means forever and ever, it means ever-lasting, ever-living, never dying. Trillion upon trillion years, eternity is still on, in fact it is life without end. There are two extreme ends of eternity: The kingdom of God called third heaven where God the Father, God the son, God the Holy Ghost, twenty-four elders, saints of God that make heaven, holy angels of God, and entire host of heaven dwell now presently; Hell-fire, where Satan, demons, and sinners that have died in their sins are presently kept. God is the One that introduced eternity. He lives forever. It is not a choice, the One who created us is forever, hence you will live forever, but what matters is where you will live eternally. Remove God from the way, then t...

TOPIC: HOW TO PRAY

HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE HOREMOW DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR. DATE: WEDNESDAY JULY 15, 2026. TOPIC: HOW TO PRAY  TEXT: JOHN 14:12-14 12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto My Father.  13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14. If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it. KEY VERSE: JOHN 14:14 “If ye shall ask anything in My name, I will do it” “Ask in My name” means ask in My place, for My sake, for My glory, as My representative. Whatsoever you shall ask in My name, it shall be given unto you. Whatever resources you need for the work of God, ask and I will supply the materials and resources you need to do the work; to live the Christian life; to make you evangelize and be fruitful in life.  Ask for what you need to make you a better Christ...

TOPIC: HOW TO BE SANCTIFIED (PART 2)

HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE HOREMOW DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR. DATE: FRIDAY JULY 17, 2026. TOPIC: HOW TO BE SANCTIFIED (PART 2) TEXT: HEBREWS 11:1-6 1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2. For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. 4. By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. 5. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligent...